How to Block an Email Address in AOL
Have you received an email saying you have won a surprise gift or received some money as a bonus reward? If the rewards mentioned in emails seems too good to be true, it may be probably it is. Hackers and other cyber criminals try and deceive email users by using spam messages to steal their data. While most of the email service providers like AOL have built-in spam filters that will protect you from unwanted emails; however, there are times when few emails slip through these filters. This blog will help you to know how to block email on AOL and protect your privacy. Although most spam emails are harmless, you should also dial AOL Support Number to speak with experts to know what precautions you can take to reduce the spam email on your AOL account.
Steps to Block Emails on AOL Account
To block email addresses on your AOL account, you need to know the exact email address or username of that account you want to block. Once you have the required information, you can go through these instructions to edit the email settings and block unwanted emails in your AOL Mail
- Open the web browser and go to the AOL email login page.
- Type your AOL email address and password.
- Then click on ‘Options’ and access the settings of your account.
- Open the tab of Email Spam settings that is located at the top of the page.
- Enter the username or email address of the person you want to block.
- Press the Plus icon to add the contact in your AOL email spam list.
- After you added all the email addresses, click ‘Save Settings’ and then log out from your AOL account.
If you ever want to make few changes to your spam list, you can go to the Spam settings and click on the ‘X’ symbol to remove any email address or tap on the Add icon for adding a new email address. Apart from manually entering the email address or username in the spam filter, you can even mark the individual messages as spam. When you click the ‘Spam’ and mark an item as spam, AOL mail will automatically filter any future messages from that particular email address. If you keep getting spam emails from an unknown email address, you can call the AOL Email Customer Service Number available 24*7. Professional email experts will give you a detailed guide on how to block most suspected spam messages.